Wednesday, July 18, 2012

TDF day 19 and the Mystery Toy Reveal

So today was supposed to be challenge day for the Tour. I was going to attempt two days worth of spinning in one, but the real challenge was getting my spinning to cooperate at all! I was fighting thick spots, then I started getting so thin it would break. BAH.
In the end I managed to get .26oz of decent yarn - even if there are a few spots I'm not happy with - which is about a day and a half worth of spinning.


I probably could have muddled through and hit my goal, but I decided to take a break so I could continue tomorrow when it will hopefully go smoother.

I didn't waste the down time though, I got both the ears and all the sewing up done on my Mystery Toy KAL project.



Isn't he cute??
Like the rag dog equivalent of a stuffed cat!
I love him, and might even keep him for myself!

I still need to figure out what to do for whiskers and decide if I want to embroider a mouth (I'm leaning towards no) then I'll take his "official" picture and mark this project complete.

Next up will be finishing the sock monkey for Bfs nephew
(or at least get as close as I can before the Ravelympics Ravellenic Games)

No comments:

Post a Comment