Wednesday, April 3, 2013

"Why did Bluebell have to die, Dr. Stapleton?"

In case the post title up there didn't give it away, I'm back to working on my Sherlock blanket like I said I would (finally!)

From the Hounds of Baskerville episode of the show, this square was for the Bluebell and the lab where a little genetics tinkering made him glow.

 

I used the same grey here that I did for the background on the wallpaper square, and I think it worked well. In the light there is almost a stainless steel work table look to it. I really wish I had been able to find some glow in the dark yarn for the cables, but other than that I think the square is perfect.

I love how almost all the members of the group have stepped up designed squares, and that people keep throwing ideas out. This one was designed by Rav member Sadbhyl back in October - I am so behind, that isn't even the earliest one I'm missing! There are now so many great patterns now that my blanket would probably triple in size if I made them all.

As if all those werent enough to keep me busy, I still have a few square ideas in my head. I'm trying to work on catching up before I actually plan/write them out though. I think the current TV series is being pretty well covered, and there is at least one pattern in progress for the Granada series (yay!) but I would still like some more book related squares. Possibly add a couple of stereotypical Sherlock symbols like a pipe or magnifying glass too.

For now though, it's back to the existing patterns - next on the needles is a Mrs. Hudson inspired lace square.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment